Writer's Wednesday: Helpful Links.

There is a lot of information out there.  So much to learn and so many blogs that have the point down. Do I need to repeat what others have said? I could give you the run down in my words, try to hook you with my own voice, but I like sharing.  I hate thinking of the blog sphere as one big competition to get attention when I can do some research for you fine folks out there, hook elbows with my writer buddies, and show you insight from where I've spotted it.  So, in taking a page from the great and powerful Joyce Alton who does this every now and again on her blog Yesternight's Voyage.

Wordplay: Helping Writers Become Authors K.M. Weiland asks the question: Does your story have too many Characters?
Her blog has many interesting facts and tid-bits that have helped me personally, so I wanted to share the love.

The Bookshelf Muse: Guest C. S. Lakin writes The Plot Thickens  
Get into the concept with C.S. on the importance of layering plot. Its a great post, inviting a writer to look at their life and the plot within to understand the many layers that go into a novels plot.
This blog is a writers dream come true.  They have links to character traits, emotional behaviors, Settings, meaning of weather, color, texture, shape. The list goes on and on.  They are my go-to whenever I write a scene and want to drive home what I'm saying.  I recommend this to everyone who even scribbles down a few words.

Questions and Archetypes: by J.W. Troemner Tells us a bit about pacing. A fellow AQCer J.W.'s blog is great because she gets right to the point and helps you understand things, that and she has a Friday Food Fest. Food, cant beat that! 

Adventures in YA and Children's Publishing: By Martina  What Isn't On the Page, A Writers Guide to Growing. I love this post because it gets into the writers head, what the reader doesn't see. The conflict in the writers mind as we create and recreate. 

There are so many blogs out there. So much for anyone to take in.  What are your favorite blogs? I would love to link up to them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retreating from the Writer's Retreat

The Bar

Lucky 7 MEME