BRoP: Interview with Cole Gibsen




Blog Ring of Power Presents

The Writing Life of Author Cole Gibsen

BRoP Interview part 2 
If you missed part 1, stop by T.W. Fendley's blog 

When Cole Gibsen isn't writing books for young adults, she can be found rocking out with her band, sewing crazy costumes for the fun of it, picking off her nail polish, or drinking milk straight from the jug--provided no one is looking. She debuts in March with two young adult novels--KATANA on March 8 from Flux and BREATHLESS by March 27 from Crescent Moon Press.




BRoP:  What is your writing process? Do you follow a regular routine? Do you use pen and paper or computer? Work at home or at the library/Starbucks, etc. 


Cole:  I try to write every day, Monday through Friday. And I do the majority of my writing on my run down little laptop (even though I have a fabulous brand new PC upstairs. I know. It doesn’t make sense to me, either.) As long as my house is clean, I like to write at home. But if it’s messy, I can’t concentrate. It’s an OCD thing.

BRoP:  How do you balance writing with other aspects of your life? 


Cole:  I do not write on the weekends. Sure, that’s valuable writing time down the drain, but it’s important to me to spend time with my family.

BRoP:  When do you write? 


Cole:  My daughter goes to preschool for two and a half hours every day. That’s the only time I have to cram as much uninterrupted writing time in as I can. Some days, it’s barely more than a couple hundred words.

BRoP:  How much time per day do you spend on your writing? 


Cole:  If I’m lucky, two hours. Sometimes less. That roughly enables me to write one book a year. Next fall my daughter starts school full time, so I’m excited to see what I can accomplish with a lot more writing time.

BRoP:  Other than your family, what has been your greatest source of support? 


Cole:  My crit partners. I wouldn’t be where I am without their advice and support.


Cole Gibsen debuts in March with two young adult novels–KATANA on March 8 from Flux and BREATHLESS by Crescent Moon Press on March 27.


Learn about Cole's Creative Process as the Blog Ring of Power continues her interview with Sandra Ulbrich Almazan on Monday --- Click Here



Where can your readers stalk you?
Smashwords:
Is your book in print, ebook or both? Both!



KATANA: Kill Bill meets Buffy in this supernatural samurai tale. Rileigh Martin would love to believe that adrenaline gave her the uncanny courage and strength to fend off three muggers. But it doesn't explain her dreams of fifteenth-century Japan, the incredible fighting skills she suddenly possesses, or the strange voice giving her battle tips and danger warnings. While worrying that she's going crazy (always a reputation ruiner), Rileigh gets a visit from Kim, a handsome martial arts instructor, who tells Rileigh she's harboring the spirit of a five-hundred-year-old samurai warrior. Relentlessly attacked by ninjas, Rileigh has no choice but to master the katana--a deadly Japanese sword that's also the key to her past. As the spirit grows stronger and her feelings for Kim intensify, Rileigh is torn between continuing as the girl she's always been and embracing the warrior inside her.




BREATHLESS: In a world where death is an ever-present shadow and motives are as dark as the bottom of the ocean, Edith must decide if her life is worth risking for a love that can't survive past the shore. Obituary-reading emo girl Edith Small is broken - the end result of forcing herself inside a mold that doesn't fit. All she wants is to conform to her strict sergeant stepfather's rules long enough to make it to graduation day. But a boat accident threatens to unravel the life Edith has worked so hard to keep. After waking up in a hospital with a lacerated shoulder, Edith fakes amnesia. Because admitting she received her injuries from a blue-haired girl who breathes underwater is all the reason Sir needs to send Edith on the first bus to military school. Safe at home, Edith struggles to put the nightmare behind her. But the mysterious creatures that live in the ocean aren't about to let her forget. After meeting Bastin - a strange boy with silver hair and black eyes - on a secluded dock, Edith learns about the war raging undersea to end human existence. A war that Edith, unwittingly, has become the key to winning.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retreating from the Writer's Retreat

The Bar

Lucky 7 MEME