To write, or to kick myself in the butt- and write.

I have this feeling.  Like I could write so much more, add so much more to the story.  Yet, as soon as I open the document for the story, all I want to do is something else.  A feeling of not wanting to change what is there.  Every story needs it's tweaks and turns.  What once was part of the beginning of the story, getting hacked out or completely changed to another part.  I personally took out 30 pages of writing completely.  I may add bits and pieces later of what once was back story but most of that will remain on the editing floor, as it were.

So how do I get focused enough to add or subtract from my creation.  It's hard for all writers, so it's nothing new.  My hesitation causes a form of writers block, so I need to just walk away.  The longer I stay away, the more the information I read in the meantime fills my head with other ideas, more to add or take out.  Not a bad thing, but today it seems that all of the info that has gathered from a week of hiatus has caused a higher writers block.  The only thing I can do now is just to hunker down and watch my baby transform once again.  I'm sure it wont be for the last time.

So if you have any ideas on what you do for writers block, or to get over that hurtle of hesitation, feel free to comment.  I would love your input.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retreating from the Writer's Retreat

The Bar

Lucky 7 MEME