Blog Ring of Power Presents: S.J. Drum


Welcome to this week’s Blog Ring of Power guest, former zookeeper turned author S.J. Drum. S.J. writes Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance Novels, each with a bit of Steampunk flair. She writes an erotic series with tattooed heroes–first-in-series is SINFUL SOUTHERN INK (Ellora’s Cave 7-6-12).
She also writes LGBT Upper YA Dark Urban Fantasy under the pen name J.T. Fairfield. The first book in the Bayou Zoo series was released on 10/22/12, CAGED IN MYTH.
When she’s not changing diapers or writing, she enjoys scuba diving and has been known to make an elephant do a headstand.
You can find S.J. Drum on:

BRoPlogo-1

Don't forget to check out the rest of her interview with all of the other wonderful Blog Ring of Power Hosts

Part 1 @ Terri Bruce – http://www.terribruce.net, Wednesday, March 27th
Part 2 @ T.W. Fendley - http://twfendley.com/ Thursday, March 28th
Part 3 @Emily LaBonte - http://emlabonte.blogspot.com/ Friday, March 29th
Part 4 @ Sandra Ulbrich Almazon - http://ulbrichalmazan.blogspot.com/ Monday, April 1
Part 5 @ Dean C. Rich - http://deanswritingtime.blogspot.com/ Tuesday, April 2

So let's get to the questions.

Part 3: The Creative Process


BRoP:  How do you deal with writer’s block?
SJ:  I just say I’m “researching”. Ha! To say I have writer’s block feels like an admission of defeat.

BRoP:  Are you a “plotter” or a “pantser” (do you plan/outline the story ahead of time or write “by the seat of your pants”)?
SJ:  I’m an erratic plotter. Sometimes I’ll write a scene I know will be placed towards the end of the book, then I’ll work backward to the beginning.

BRoP:  Do you use critique partners or beta readers? Why or why not?
I haven’t much luck finding reliable beta readers. I do use a critique partner and she keeps me on target.

BRoP:  How much time do you spend on research? What type of research do you do?
SJ: For my LGBT New Adult Urban Fantasy, Caged in Myth, I read a lot of mythology related material. Whenever I’m attending a social function, I people watch and take notes on anyone interesting.

BRoP:  Is there anything you find particularly challenging to write?
SJ: I love reading historical fiction but the thought of writing one myself gives me hives




Caged in Myth by J.T. Fairfield
$0.99 on Amazon


*5 STAR REVIEW*
"I loved everything about this story, except that it had to end. Caged in Myth is a coming out story like no other. I would recommend you pick up this book, you won't be disappointed!" -Squibley's Fiction Addiction

*5 STAR REVIEW*
"I felt for Jay and his friends. The character development was sincere and intriguing." -Linda Hays-Gibbs, Author of My Angel, My Light as Darkness Falls and Review for The Romance Reviews


The Bayou Zoo, where magic is real, the beasts are deadly, and a bad day at work can literally mean the end of the world.

Octavian Julius McKellter— “Jay” to everyone who doesn’t want a punch in the face— struggles with keeping the secrets of his supernatural community and his own secret...he's gay. Throw in a dose of danger, deceit, and Louisiana heat, and you'll find yourself CAGED IN MYTH.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retreating from the Writer's Retreat

The Bar

Lucky 7 MEME