Blog Ring of Power Presents: Sara V. Zook

 Sara V. Zook is a paranormal/fantasy writer. She is the author of the Strange in Skin Trilogy, Clipped and Evanescent, Book 1 in The Sempiternal Series. She lives in Pennsylvania with her 3 small children and husband.

Author Contact Information 



 About You


BRoP: How long have you been writing?

Sara: I’ve been writing since I was a little kid. I wrote mostly poetry in college and had started novels but never finished anything until 2010. 

BRoP: When and why did you begin writing? 

Sara: I’ve always wanted to be able to create stories that other people love. After taking a little bit of time off after college, my husband said I was going to wake up one day, be old and never have written a book, so I decided to sit down and actually finish one. 

BRoP: Tell us about your early works—what was the first thing you ever wrote?  

Sara: The first book I ever wrote was Strange in Skin. When I was writing it, I really never thought anyone else would ever be reading it. 

BRoP: What genre do you write?

Sara: Paranormal/Fantasy but I tend to wander away and explore other genres as well.

BRoP: What is your favorite theme/genre to write about?
Sara: Paranormal. I love how there are no boundaries or limits to what my imagination can create.
About Your Current Work


BRoP: Tell us about your new book and when it is out? Where can people purchase it? 

Sara: June 18, 2014

BRoP: Is there anything new, unusual, or interesting about your book? How is it different from other books on the same subject? 

Sara: This one is geared more toward adolescents but one that adults will enjoy as well. 
 
BRoP: What was the hardest part of writing this book? 

Sara: Taking out all swear words, love scenes and gore so that it would be appropriate for a younger audience. 

BRoP: What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?

Sara: I have too many. Action scenes are always my favorite because of their intensity. 

BRoP: Tell us about your book’s cover – where did the design come from and what was the design process like?

Sara: It came from Stefanie Fontecha of Beetiful Cover Designs. I saw it and loved it. She’s very talented. We've worked together on 5 books, so she makes the process very easy.


A Magic Within Book Blurb:
Normalcy. I need to get back to a state of normalcy. What’s happened to me? Why am I here in this orphanage, and why am I forbidden to leave? Everyone is so very cruel here. I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. It’s the paranoia getting to me. It’s like someone’s always watching, always listening. There’s a general fear around here, and for some reason, it seems fueled by my arrival, but why are they afraid of me? I didn’t ask for this. I don’t even know how I got here. I need to go home. My parents must be worried sick. There has to be someone here who can help me, who can give me answers and lead me in the right direction so I can get out of here. There is this one boy, Lydic. Could he be my key to getting out? I can see it in his eyes he feels sorry for me. He seems to know more than he’s letting on. These people aren’t like anyone I’ve ever met before. They act like I have secrets, but they’re the ones not talking. I’ve never been alone like this, and I’ll do whatever it takes to figure out what’s going on and get out.


Don't forget to check out the rest of the Blog Ring of Power hosts and their parts of this interview
Part 1 and 4: Hi, welcome to the Realm


BRoP Logo RevisedThe Blog Ring of Power (BRoP) is a consortium of five speculative fiction writers who have banded together to bring you highlights from the current speculative fiction market--news, reviews, and interviews with speculative fiction authors--with an emphasis on small-press and self-published authors. So grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and relax. Have we got a story for you...

BRoP Footer Revised


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retreating from the Writer's Retreat

The Bar

Lucky 7 MEME