Blog Ring of Power Presents: T.J. Loveless

It's Friday!!!

I've got my coffee, my critiques and edits to work on for today.  Now I just need my hug-me jacket.  I've got someone here today that can provide! Everyone jump for joy and pass them around. Don't worry, they come in all colors!

Welcome T.J. Loveless to the Blog Ring of Power.

T.J. can often be found surrounded by the wonderful chaos of life, writing, editing and laughing at the antics of family.


Section #1: About You

BRoP:  When and why did you begin writing?

T.J.  In the fourth grade, we had an assignment to write a one page story. I don’t remember what I wrote, or even the accompanying illustration I turned in. What I do remember is my teacher, Mrs. Hunter, refused to return the story and said I had all the makings of a writer. I dabbled for years. In 2010, my beloved grandmother’s last words were to never give it up, to keep pushing, to be myself and not the person everyone else kept saying I should be. It was then that I realized Nanny was right … and I dived into learning how to write and all of my options as an author.

BRoP:  When did you first consider yourself a professional writer?

T.J.  It wasn’t until I’d finished an MS, edited it, sent to Betas & Critique Partners, revised it yet again … and jumped into the middle of the query process. Then I thought of myself as a professional writer, trying to build a career in publishing.

BRoP:  What books have most influenced your life?

T.J.  Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. She wrote about strength in women, how they could shape their lives, despite going through some of the worst moments in history.

BRoP:  What genre do you write?

T.J. I write mostly in the Spec Fic genre. When my imagination runs, it refuses to remain in this reality at all times. Something must always twist into the story. Like unicorns, dragons, Fairy Godmothers and Murphy.

BRoP: What is your favorite theme/genre to write about?

T.J. I’m stuck in mythology – as in gods/goddesses, and the creatures they surrounded themselves with. It is my favorite, although I read plenty of others.

BRoP: If you couldn't be an author, what would your ideal career be?

T.J. I’d return to genetics, go back to school to finish my Masters, likely go for secondary degrees in history and anthropology. I’d love to study human DNA from millennia ago.

In New Orleans, Louisiana, something with a weird sense of humor is stranding myth in a nonmagical world.

Dr. Tiffany Crews is a renowned psychiatrist, a klutz, Arkansas hillbilly born and bred with her feet firmly rooted in reality. Her two best friends, Janet and Mark, keep life interesting. Add in a duck with Houdini tendencies, and Tiffany leads a wonderfully laughter filled life.

One morning, they find a unicorn in the communal courtyard of their townhouse and life takes a surreal twist. It leads to burning the bacon, along with the kitchen, yet they nevertheless refuse to leave the animal in a possibly bad situation. Until they learn it talks, anything veggie causes rancid flatulence in the form of rainbows, and its grumpy attitude can only be helped by indulging his carnivorous tendencies with Shrimp Po’ Boys.

Drop in Flying Granny, sporting dragonfly wings and really flies, who calls herself The Fairy Godmother, and believes she was summoned to help find their soul mates. Reality takes another twist nobody is prepped for.

The three friends are on the prowl during New Orleans’ infamous Mardi Gras to find where the two myths truly belong. Every attempt to find the truth leads to hijinks and compromising situations for the three friends, and a true appreciation for the unknown. Tiffany needs to find a way for the two myths to fit into reality, and keep her sanity in one piece.

If only it was that easy.



Blog: http://queenofpaddedroom.blogspot.com/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/TJ-Loveless-Author/129753790413808
Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7142612.T_J_Loveless
Twitter: https://twitter.com/tjloveless3
Amazon: amazon.com/author/tjloveless
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/tjloveless
What format is your book(s) available in (print, e-book, audio book, etc.)?  All books are in eBook at this time

Don't forget to read the other sections of this interview with my fellow hosts

Part 1 @ you are here!- Friday, August 9th



Comments

  1. Great interview EM & I <3 my bud TJ & the book!~Such a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I agree, TJ and her book are amazing!

      Delete
  2. OMGosh, EM - this is great :) Thank you!! (I'm woefully behind on my blog reading LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling! Hey, at least you got to see it, don't forget it's all week this week. Just in case you want to spread the word of your awesomeness. Not that you need to do much work on that, since all who know you, know this. Those who do not know you, will in time. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Retreating from the Writer's Retreat

The Bar

Lucky 7 MEME