There are no Short Cuts




Short Cuts: To save time or effort.

In writing: There are no Short Cuts

I saw that quote a week or two ago, and it's been bouncing in my mind since.  Sorry to whoever said it first to relay it to writing.  I can't remember where I saw it, so whoever you were/are, you are a genius!

This is so true.  I've been procrastinating in writing.  It's my form of writers block.  It's not that I have nothing to say, it's that I wish I could say it right the first time and not go over it with my editor's eye.  However, just writing and skipping that oh so pesky self editor is like building a bridge and stopping before it's done.  Even if the writer finishes the MS, short story, or whatever else they are writing; in order to be done and happy with what we are working on, we must finish without skipping steps.

From Daily Mail  London Bridge. Aren't you glad they finished it. 

If we are to write but save our effort, we will end up with a work of art that is less then what it could be.  What writer wants that?

When I finally realized that's what I was doing, the words started to flow again.  I know I'll have to go over them again and again, but now I have hope that they wont be as bad.

I'm learning the tricks, albeit slowly, but I am learning them.  I just need to keep pushing on.

Thanks for everyone's support in this.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retreating from the Writer's Retreat

The Bar

Lucky 7 MEME