The Versatile Blogger Award, I've been nominated.



I recieved a tweet over a week ago, I've been nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award.  Well... Whoot! The great and wonderful Kela McClelland had placed me as one of 15 that she named.  I've been busy, but I wanted to thank her for this awesome award. YAY 


I hope everyone jumps over to Kela's blog after you read mine. Leave some comments, show some love.

These are the rules of the nomination


1. Create a post for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Ok, check. 
2. In the same post, thank the blogger who gave you the award and put a link back to their blog.
Check again! Oh and did I mention THANK YOU KELA!
3. Nominate 15 other people for this award and let them know.
This may be the hard part.


4. Post seven random things about yourself.
Will post below


5. Include these rules in your post.

Check again. 


Seven random things about myself.  Hmmmm


1) Ok, I guess I'll start with being a twin. Yup, I'm a twin.  Fraternal, which means not the same egg. We look nothing alike, yet we have the same voice.  It's kinda cool actually. She'll always be my best friend. Even though we look nothing alike, my twin and I have been mixed up before. 


2)My siblings and I are in alphabetical order, I'm the youngest of five. Yup, my mom went down the line A,B,C, my twin D, and mE. I've always loved that we have our names lined up.  It made it easier for my mom to write notes to us when she was working too. (A&B make sure to take out the trash and mow the lawn. C, clean the living room. D&E clean the upstairs and the bathroom, and for the sake of all that is holey, clean that pit of a room!)  Yeah, it was like that a lot.  Sorry mom. ;)


3)You know how my twin and I have the same voice and nothing else.  We would impersonate each other on the phone.  I've talked to her friends, during our teen angst years, just because she didn't want to talk to them. (and I have more patience. shhh, don't tell her I said that.) They never knew the difference.


4) I hate leaving my house.  I love my friends, but I don't want to go anywhere.  They understand.  I'm a pseudo hermit. I like being around people but can't get myself to move past my yard to visit, unless we are playing D&D, or I have to work.


5) Ok, I mentioned it. D&D is amazing.  I am an Uber gamer! I love the table-top game D&D (I tried White Wolf, couldn't get into it) I also like LARPing (Live Action Role Playing games)  I've done several of them.  It's nice to get away from the real world for a weekend, and when you LARP it is an entire weekend of pretending to be somewhere else with many other people. All I gotta say is field battle with over 100 people... you really feel the adrenaline then. (It's one of the only things that will get me out of the house.)  I also enjoy video games like Skyrim, Dragon Age, Final Fantasy 7-8-9&10. I did play WOW but got bored. I also play Magic the Gathering with my hubby every now and then, I'm a bad looser though so we don't play often. He's too good.


6) I am a geek, if you haven't figured that out.  between Anime, Star Trek, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings... to name a few, I can be a happy busy camper in front of the TV


7) Hey look, it's my lucky number.  Um what else... There's that... no that's boring.  Um... you want random right... I LOVE MY KIDS.  Is that random enough? No? ok PURPLE MONKEYS! yup that's random.  I like to say purple monkeys at random, not sure where I came up with it entirely. Some of my friends say that purple monkeys will one day rule the world.  I just say that purple monkeys like wearing pink tutus. *shrug* it's my saying when I don't have anything else to say.  


Ok now for the tagging of other who will be nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award.  Hmm. Well I guess that almost everyone I know has already been named.  So I'm just going to name them again.  If you have already responded to this award, because some one else that is just as cool as Kela, nominated you.  Than leave a comment and I will jump over to your blog to leave a *let's dance you've been nominated* comment on your blog.  


E.F. Jace Yup, she's #1, I hope she doesn't let it go to her head. LOL
D.C. Rich
TBruce
Riley Redgate
Joseph Eastwood
Darke Contuer
M Sinclair
Jemi Fraser
R.C. Lewis
Jean Oram
Joyce Alton
BBC (cause that's Mindy's real name, don't let her fool you)
Breathe... gasp... weeze... almost there
Eveli Acosta
A.D. Duling
Wow I know a lot of bloggers.. te he he one more
Emlyn Chand  I would like to take this moment to thank Emlyn for the epic idea of Author Karma. I've met some great new friends because of it.  Take a bow Em, you rock!

Comments

  1. That was fun! I love Star Trek, Star Wars and many other geeky things - but I've never been a gamer. I'd probably like it, but I've just never done it :)

    I recieved the award from Kela too - but I kind of cheated and combined 2 awards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks. Where's that emoticon from AQC when you need it? (:blush:)

    My sister and I are eight years apart, not twins, and until we hit a certain age, we sounded just alike. She'd get on the phone with a boy I liked and start talking to him like it was me, only she'd say whatever she could come up with to embarrass me. They never knew the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jami: I write all my D&D adventures here. It's a good way to escape Real Life, joke around with some friends and pretend. It also helps with any amount of writers block. Oh the ideas I come up with. :D BTW cheating works with me. LOL

    Kela: That emoticon is hiding, look it just popped out... nope. huh, oh well. LOL
    Evil, evil sister. You're lucky she doesn't have your voice now. As for the voices, well, my sister's and mine have never changed since teen years. We still sound alike. If I visit over her house and call the hubby from her phone, I have to tell him which one I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for including me! I enjoyed reading your seven random things and I'll admit PURPLE MONKEYS has got to be my favorite one, lol! 15 other bloggers, wow that's going to be the hard part...thanks again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for tagging me. (I was tagged by Kela as well and ended up talking about Twitter on my blog instead of myself. Strange, but true!!) It was cool getting to know you better. Funny how you and your sister get confused over the phone. People mix my mom and I up over the phone and sometimes in real life too!

    And for the record--purple monkeys all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am an Irish Twin. My sister, 11-1/2 months younger than I, and I have the same voice. In fact, all three of my sisters and I have the same voice. Maybe it's the accent?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwh thanks! I feel honoured, but I've already been awarded with this before, in fact, I was awarded the old skool green one ;) thank you so much for giving me it though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eveli: Your welcome. :D I just checked your blog, you did well fining those 15 fast.

    Jean: Now that we are all grown up, all the female descendants of my mother sound alike. Even my niece that is now an adult. I love it, my husband gets frustrated with it. LOL

    Michele: My twin ended up having Irish twins. I think that's so cool. They are too young for me to know if they are going to match with voice yet. I think the accent may have something to do with it. My family all have the Boston accent mixed with Canadian. (My grandparents came from Canada)

    Joseph: You're welcome. Dean Rich has the old one as well, it's always good to update. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And for the record PURPLE MONKEYS. Thanks everyone for seeing how great those monkeys really are. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Retreating from the Writer's Retreat

The Bar

Lucky 7 MEME