Happy New Year

This is the day when each of us looks at what we have done, and what we want, whether it be in ourselves, about ourselves, or how to make things better. Ultimately it's a selfish day, but there are times where selfish can be the healthiest way to feel.  All things in moderation of course.

So what is your Resolution?
What do you want to do or gain that will bring you happiness?
Will you still be happy if you do not achieve your goal?

My Resolution is to research Literary Agents this year.  It would be great to get representation, but I want to know my investors as much as they will in turn need to know me.  A writer can spend years, even decades perfecting the craft, and only give a glance at those out there who would invest in their work.  Would it not be prudent to also work hard on finding the perfect match for your talent.  I think so.
Finding an agent would bring me a thrilling joy.  I will still be happy even if I don't get one this year.  All things take time and there is always a learning curve.
So as I search, I will work, I will write and write, I will do what I can to make my craft better. I will work on that blasted query letter... shudder shudder.

Wish me luck! In turn I hope everyone has a great 2012 and finds good fortune and good times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retreating from the Writer's Retreat

The Bar

Lucky 7 MEME