Blog Ring of Power Presents: Alisha Basso

Welcome to another Blog Ring of Power installment. Today I would like to welcome Alisha Basso to the blog/stage. 


Don't forget to check out the previous sections on my fellow hosts sites:

Part 5 - Em

Alisha lives in Nevada with her wonderful family and two sweet dogs. When not writing, Alisha is running around with lots of children or tending her garden. Please feel free to send her a note on facebook or drop her a line from her website alishabasso.com.



Section #5: Words of Wisdom

  1. Tell us about your route to success – how/when did you decide to self-publish? Did you query an agent first? How did you handle the editing, proofreading, cover design, etc.
I can thank H.P. Mallory for the idea to publish. I read her books and when I discovered she was self-published it was as if every road block I had in my path was cleared. She wrote a little book about her path to publishing and I used that to take my first steps. The internet was a huge help with locating my cover artist RonnellDPorterdesigns and I thank my lucky stars I found him. After all of this I believe that being kind to readers and other authors is huge. Readers are our bread and butter and the reason we get to keep doing what we do. Authors are kindred spirits who often share their ideas and know what it’s like to do what we do. Helping each other and boosting one another is key, in my opinion, to great relations and positive outcomes. It isn’t easy to be a writer and it’s rarely as glamourous as some people think. I once did an interview while sitting in front of the TV folding laundry with an episode of Looney Tunes on mute. I sign autographs on Kindles between bites of cereal. Most of us are everyday people who just happen to have the gift of storytelling and were intrepid enough to send our stories out into the world for people to either love or hate. Humility is never overrated.

  1. What are the most important elements of good writing?
To read and to always write for starters. I also believe that some newer writers are so paralyzed by the “rules of writing” that they cripple themselves into writing stiff prose. Relax and let it flow. If you are meant to be a writer, it will come. If not, write for fun and damn the rest!


  1. Do you have any advice for other writers?
Never give up. So cliché but it’s true. Take criticism with a grain of salt and never ever respond to a negative review, it simply makes you look bad. Negativity should never be acknowledged.

  1. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Thank you! You really are an inspiration for me to keep going. I hope to gain more readers and share my stories.

  1. What are your current / future project(s)?
As I have said before, I am ending my series which is so sad. I love my characters, so I've decided to do a series of stand-alone novels revolving around the Grace Allen world of monsters and magic.

  1. Is there anything else you’d like to share?
I am currently included in a series of 8 stories written by several USA Today best sellers as well as many other best-selling authors. It’s titled Paranormally Yours A boxed Set. All of these stories are very entertaining and a great way to sample new authors. 





When Grace Allen discovers a valuable ring in a gutter, she thinks it’s her lucky day, but, fate has other ideas. Now, Grace finds herself not only the keeper of tremendous power, but the only person in the world able to wield it. 

Seth McPhee is a monster on the hunt and his prey has never been more seductive. While Grace's powers will ensure his leadership in the underworld, her beauty will make her captivity a pleasure. 
Rushing to the rescue is Lucian, a man who is more than he seems. Will he prove to be the white knight that he claims, or is he just another beautiful monster? 
Battling fantastic creatures as well as her raging libido, Grace’s resolve is tested. Will she succumb to a life of lavish entrapment, or escape for an uncertain freedom? 



Book Links: 
Book is in both print and ebook










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retreating from the Writer's Retreat

The Bar

Lucky 7 MEME