Blog Ring of Power Presents: C.J. Pinard



C.J. is a west coast native who has lived on both coasts and now lives near the middle, in Colorado! Coming from a family of writers and editors, she feels writing is in her blood and hopes people will lose themselves for a little while in the fantasy and fun of her stories. She also loves sweet red wine, the SF 49ers, and unlike most authors, doesn't have any cats. When she's not writing, she can be found chasing around her kids or working at her day job, which she totally feels interferes with life, but it also sometimes gives her inspiration for her books, since reality usually is way more interesting than fiction.



Author contact information: 

Don't forget the other four parts of this interview.

Part 1 @ You are here!

BRoP: How long have you been writing?

CJ:About a year and a half, since my first book came out. 

BRoP: When and why did you begin writing? 

CJ: Summer of 2012 I had an idea for a book, but I ignored it. I was editing for a few authors at the time (copyediting, mostly) and didn’t think I had time, but you know how characters can be. They will ping around in your brain until you let them out! It was supposed to be one book. Four books and a novella later… 

BRoP: Tell us about your early works—what was the first thing you ever wrote? 

CJ: I loved writing stories and essays in school, but I can’t tell you exactly what. Just whatever my childish imagination decided to produce. It helped me escape math. Haha! 

BRoP: When did you first consider yourself a professional writer? 

CJ: This is tough for me because I still don’t, really. One day when writing is my sole source of income, maybe I might!

BRoP: What genre do you write? 

CJ: I do mostly paranormal/urban fantasy, but I’m about to write my third New Adult romance book.

BRoP: If you couldn’t be an author, what would your ideal career be? 

CJ: An FBI Agent


When 21-year-old Nolan Bishop meets a seductive woman named Eva at a dark club in downtown Shreveport, Louisiana, little does he know his soul will be gone as soon as she is. Realizing she’s taken something from him, he finds out he has a very limited time to destroy her before he turns into something sinister and inhuman. In a race against all that is holy, Nolan has to find Eva and get his soul back while trying not to fall in love with Charity, the twin sister of the succubus who took his soul – all in seven days.

Book Links




BRoP Logo RevisedThe Blog Ring of Power (BRoP) is a consortium of five speculative fiction writers who have banded together to bring you highlights from the current speculative fiction market--news, reviews, and interviews with speculative fiction authors--with an emphasis on small-press and self-published authors. So grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair, and relax. Have we got a story for you...

BRoP Footer Revised


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retreating from the Writer's Retreat

The Bar

Lucky 7 MEME