Bike Path Bridge

 The bike path’s bridge had been my marking point of new adventures. I pushed hard on the bike petals and let myself crest over the top with time slowing along with the bike. My view when I reached the top was not the stunning beauty of the river or the shadowed trees dreaming of spring but of the beauty beyond. Her hair drifted in auburn waves in the wind. Her dark eyes only glanced at me but it was enough to make my heart skip a beat. Her dark skin and clothes mingled with the shadows beyond. This goddess stood with a stillness only forest animals could master. Watching me with those alluring eyes. 

My bike coasted the other side of the bridge and I never took my gaze off her. I didn’t think about the turn around the rock that had always been, or the perfect ramp that rock made, until I hit it. My body rocked in the sky and my eyes left the enchantress to search for the landing I was sure to painfully make. I rolled away from the bike just as I impacted with the forest floor. I was sore but no worse for wear. Looking up I scanned the direction of the bridge, but the woman wasn’t there. Perhaps I had only been blessed with a glimpse of the goddess today. I sight I knew I would never forget and would always wonder, always pine for. If only I had stopped on that bridge.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Retreating from the Writer's Retreat

The Bar

Lucky 7 MEME