Blog Ring of Power Presents: Michael Anthony

Author Bio:
Michael Anthony grew up in the suburbs of Virginia. As the middle child, everything requiring Michael Anthony -- Author Photoelectricity or batteries was either hogged by the oldest or begged for by the youngest. All too familiar with boredom spawned from idle thumbs, he found adventure in the plethora of novels, encyclopedias, and maps found on the bookshelf. It was during his journey through those shelves that he discovered The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer and The Giver by Lois Lowry.
From that day to this, Michael has had a love for great stories, fascinating characters, and travel. He hopes to see every corner of the world someday, and when he finishes down here, he has his eyes set on the moon. He is currently studying history at a local college while he chases his dream of becoming one of the greatest writers of his age.
Author Contact Information:
BRoP Logo Revised
Part 3: Right here with me


The Creative Process

  1. Where do you get your story ideas?
Michael: Most of my ideas come from living life.  Stories are literally everywhere. All you have to do is step off the beaten path and find them.

  1. How do you deal with writer’s block?
Michael: For me, every time I haven’t been able to put words on a page, it’s because I don’t have the inspiration. Either what I’m writing about feels dead, or the manner in which I went about telling the story. Usually, it’s the latter. If that’s the case, I do a lot of deleting.

  1. How do you develop your plots and characters? Do you use any set formula?
Michael: I’m a pantser, so I develop as I go. For example, My Best Friend Death started out as Wouldn’t it be cool if Death became someone’s life coach?

I do have a formula for creating characters. I’m going to write one or two more novels using that formula, and then I’ll discard it. I don’t ever want to be call formulaic.

  1. Are you a “plotter” or a “pantser” (do you plan/outline the story ahead of time or write “by the seat of your pants”)?
Michael: Pantser all the way.

  1. Do you use critique partners or beta readers? Why or why not?
Michael: Yes! Critique partners and beta readers are the most important weapons in my arsenal. CPs and betas provide fresh perspectives that lead me in directions I never would have considered otherwise. I couldn't imagine penning a novel without them.

  1. How much time do you spend on research? What type of research do you do?

Michael: All depends on the novel. For My Best Friend Death, very little research was involved. Most of the novel related searches I did were to make sure I was using words correctly. I’m in the planning stages of a historical fiction novel. That’s taking a great deal more research.


Book Back Cover Blurb:
Damien Crown devotes his life to being his brother’s superman. Like all heroes, he’s locked in a deadly war with a formidable foe—his brother’s depression. Instead of perishing in a climactic battle as comics suggests, he dies at the screech of tires and the blare of a car horn. But in those last precious moments, he regrets not taking off the cape and living his own life.
But those regrets don’t last long when Death becomes his life-coach.
Given a new body and one more year to live, Damien seizes the opportunity to reinvent himself. Forbidden by Death from making contact with his old family, he knows the trek will be hard, but he’s happy to leave behind the pressures of his old life.
Until his brother attempts suicide.
Now, the only way to save his brother is to break Death’s rules. With a life any kid would kill for, Damien finds himself stuck between who he was, and who he wants to be. He can don his cape and die for his brother, or hang it up and finally live for himself.
Buy MY BEST FRIEND DEATH on Amazon:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Retreating from the Writer's Retreat

The Bar

Lucky 7 MEME